You undoubtedly know that driving while under the influence is dangerous and illegal, and most people are extremely careful to ensure that they don’t overdo it before they get behind the wheel of a car. This, however, may not be enough to stop an overly zealous officer from arresting you for DUI, which can lead to serious criminal charges. The negative consequences of a DUI conviction are considerable and should never be discounted. If you’re facing DUI charges, it’s time to consult with an experienced DUI lawyer in Dutchess County, Ulster County, and Orange County about your case.
In New York, charges of driving under the influence (DUI) and driving while intoxicated (DWI) are generally used interchangeably, and they are serious charges that carry serious penalties that can include jail time. In addition to incarceration, there are significant financial consequences to consider, including:
- Fees associated with your time spent in jail
- The cost of any tickets written against you
- The cost of towing and storing your vehicle after it’s been impounded
- The cost of repairing any property damage (if applicable)
- The cost of using alternative transportation while your license is suspended
- The cost of lost hours on the job (as applicable)
- The cost of increased insurance premiums
- Your legal fees and court fees
- Bail bond fees (as applicable)
- The cost of reinstating your license and having an ignition interlock device
Depending upon the circumstances of your case, these could be just the tip of the iceberg.
Contact an Experienced DUI Lawyer in Dutchess County, Ulster County, and Orange County Today
DUI charges might be embarrassing, but they are also serious charges – and your rights are far too important not to take action. Nicklaus Misiti at the Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti, PLLC, is a dedicated Poughkeepsie DUI attorney who is proud to serve the people of Dutchess County, Ulster County, and Orange County, New York. Mr. Misiti is committed to helping you obtain the most favorable outcome possible in your case. We are on your side, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 845.926.1177 for more information today.