English Spanish Russian Chinese French Italian Arabic
212(h) Waivers
212(h) Waivers

Over 60 FIVE star reviews!

Check our helpful faqs!

Over 25 lawyer endorsements!

212(h) Waivers

While immigration laws in the United States are strict, they are not always black-and-white, as there are exceptions possible for qualified individuals to overcome obstacles. One possible exception in some cases is a 212(h) waiver, which might apply to individuals who are deemed inadmissible to the U.S. due to a prior criminal conviction.

Immigration laws take a person’s criminal history very seriously, as the law aims to prevent people from remaining in the U.S. who might pose a safety threat or cause other types of unlawful harm. If you would like to know your options for possible admissibility, contact a 212(h) lawyer in Dutchess County, Ulster County, and Orange County at the Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti, PLLC, for more information.

How 212(h) Waivers Work

Many different criminal convictions can make a person ineligible for a green card, and if you are a current green card holder, you might face an order of deportation. It is important to realize that not all hope is lost, as some cases qualify for waivers of inadmissibility. Some criminal offenses that might be considered in a 212(h) waiver include:

  • One conviction for possessing less than 30 grams of marijuana
  • Prostitution
  • Procuring prostitutes
  • Two or more offenses with a total sentence of five years or more (except torture or murder)
  • Crimes of moral turpitude (except torture or murder)

An attorney can advise whether your case might qualify for a 212(h) waiver and will handle the waiver application process for you.

Consult with a 212(h) Waivers Lawyer in Dutchess County, Ulster County, and Orange County Today

The Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti, PLLC, helps clients who have been rendered inadmissible due to certain crimes seek applicable waivers. To speak with a New York 212(h) waiver attorney, contact us online or call 845.926.1177. We serve clients throughout Dutchess County, Ulster County, and Orange County, New York.